While browing my twitter timeline, I stumbled upon a link about ‘Adopt a Pothole’ Clicking the link was totally worth it. “Adopt a Pothole“, is just as it sounds. Simple, Impactful and Social.
What is Adopt a Pothole?
Know of the potholes around? Want to fix them?
1. Start clicking pictures and upload them on http://adoptapothole.in/.
2. Get your friends (25 at least) to support/vote for them
3. Apollo Tyres will fix all the potholes with 25+ supports
Adopt a Pothole is a refreshing example of using Social Media for creating connections,increasing brand recall/awareness and having an impact.
- Simple Idea
- Addressing a relevant pain point (apt for the brand and meaningful for the consumers)
- Low hanging fruit for qualification (just 25 supports)
- Inherently Social and Viral (Invite your friends to get your adopted pothole fixed, they can then invite you and others to get their adopted potholes fixed)
- The site design/usability isn’t all that great. Lots of scope of improvement here
- Social Pluggins etc could be used better to leave more imprints on facebook/twitter etc.
- Very little engagement on the website. Despite checking it after gaps of 12+ hours, looks like nothings changed and all the data is static
From the looks of it, there isn’t much planned to spread the word about the campaign. I assume that the agency in question would be plastering the web with banner ads but a lot more could be done to increase the reach. Basic stuff like having a blog, sharing videos of work being done, user testimonials could be done.
How do you find this campaign? Let me know if you know of another interesting campaign using Social Media